I know there are those who love Valentine’s Day (pink! hearts! true love! date night! romance!) and those who hate it (too sappy! too commercialized! singles power!). I can confidently say I LIKE Valentine’s Day. It’s not my favorite holiday, but any excuse to buy/receive flowers and chocolates is okay in my book. So instead of a long-winded post about the virtues vs. the deficiencies of the holiday, I’m just going to do a link love instead. Sound good? Here goes:
Happy Friday! I’m keeping it simple today with some black and white inspiration (above) and a few links (below). What are you up to this weekend? I’ve got a lot of work and school work to do unfortunately, but Troy and I are going back to the General Muir and I can’t wait!
• Kate Mid is in Scotland this week (has she stopped by your flat for tea, Lar?) and naturally she wore a plaid coat.
• Life is Gouda – such a cute desktop wallpaper. Oh, and here’s another awesome wallpaper.
• Maddie was in Decatur this week! I wish I had gotten to see her in person.
Lar will be spending her weekend shivering in Munich while I shiver in Atlanta (where is spring?!). What are your plans for the weekend? I hope a nice warm trip to the beach – at least that’s what I’ll be yearning for, plus a few of the items I have linked below.
• I’m currently watching this on Netflix. Lar and I are huge fans of the show, because we’re giant, anglophile nerds.
• Thanks to Miso Izakaya’s amazing seasonal salad, I’m now on a kale salad kick. I’m going to try making this salad on Saturday – I just got back from the farmer’s market with kale and swiss chard, nom.
• Dogs who just can’t handle it – #19 is my favorite. Thanks for the laugh, Katie!
Happy Friday and International Women’s Day! I’m mixing things up a bit and doing my spring wish list for this week’s link love. I tried to get Lar to create her own wish list, but her anti-consumerism got the best of her. Stay strong, Lar!
Happy Friday, lovelies! See those photos up there? See that nail polish? Yeah, that’s AsianCajuns nail polish!!! Actually the official color is called AsianCajuns Double Mint. Get it? Like it? I hope so!
This is all thanks to Coco Rae and Tastemaker Magazine. Coco Rae’s Spring/Summer line is inspired by Atlanta bloggers and we all celebrated with a sneak peek party last night at Fab’rik in Buckhead. I’ll let you all know when the polish is officially available.
Kisses by Tim Walker
Happy Friday, dear readers! Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? How about for Valentine’s Day next Thursday? I’ll be at a social media conference this weekend and have no idea what I’m doing for Valentine’s Day. Any thoughts?! I need some cheap and fun ideas!
A few links to get you through the weekend:
• Just purchased this dress for an upcoming photo shoot – details soon!
• It’s so refreshing to hear about modeling in such a real light.
• Want: a grouping of succulents in brightly colored pots.
• The perfect Valentine’s Day cardigan – if you can afford it.
Happy Friday, Bloggerinos (that’s you)! We’re starting the weekend off with some goodies from our pinterest boards. It’s been a long week for me and I need some pinspiration to ease me out of a stressful week:
• One of our guilty pleasures is following Kate Middleton’s style choices. We aren’t the only ones. In the latest British Vogue they chronicle everything from the size of her curls to the preferred angle of her fascinators in a six-page spread called Katepedia.